Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Handmade

I had grand ideas about creating handmade gifts for Christmas.
I actually ran out of time.

I was able to complete 2 projects for my BF Catherine's kiddos.
She always appreciate's the work that goes into the things I make, so it makes me soooo happy to do this for them.

The first project I started was Molly Monkey.
I found this pattern over at mmmcrafts and fell in love!

I made a few additions/changes of my own & am so happy with the finished monkey.

I made her a little birdie necklace.

I made her a hair bow that is attached with a snap, so it can be
changed out. (plus I'm not much of a hat girl)

I also made her shoes close with velcro so they could be changed as well.


Catherine was so cute...when we met to exchange gifts, she was afraid to let Gannon play with Molly because she knew how much work I'd put into making her...this is why I love Catherine.

I think Gannon & Molly were already planning their next big move...

I also asked her what her son wanted most for Christmas...without hesitation she said, "a mohawk, blue" not realizing that I would somehow, someway, figure out how to make one.

Since his mama won't actually let him shave & dye a mohawk...I researched & researched, until I had a plan to make him a mohawk beanie. After lots of yarn tying, hot water soaking & agitating...I was thrilled with the result!

and I think Logan was too!

4 comments:

Larissa Holland said...

Wow, thanks so much for your sweet comment and your photos in the Molly pool. I love how your Molly turned out and I have to say that mohawk took is stinkin' GENIUS.

Jane said...

Your Molly is so cute! And, your friends daughter is stunning! The mohawk hat is amazing. Glad your friend and her kids appreciate your time and talent!

Jaime said...

Good job!! I love, love both of these ideas! If only I were talented in the crafts!

Jane Bovary said...

That Molly monkey is fantastic