Monday, October 31, 2005

Random Observation

Every day I travel the same road to work, and most days I see the same cars, the same drivers...doing their makeup, drinking their coffee. One car & driver combo struck me silly this morning.

The car: Early 90s Jeep Wrangler, rusty red but mostly covered in dirt from what I assume to have been multiple muddy adventures, soft top with sides removed, equipped w/ winch, etc.

The driver: Early 30s, strong faced (scruffy), mountain man type. Flannel shirt, jeans, & boots. I get the sense that he may not have showered in the last 48 hours, yet...

The funny thing is, for at least 5 minutes straight, he primps himself in the rear view mirror. He fusses with his hair, puts on chap stick, fusses with the hair some more. It made me giggle that he looked like he had just rolled out of a 2 week camping trip, but put more effort into his "look" than I ever have...

I'll try & snap a picture of him this week

No comments: