Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday # 21

I am from hairbrushes and lawnmowers, from Scotch tape and string.

I am from a blue farmhouse, tended to with care, now neglected and worn...from crickets singing their lulling lullaby, and soft Delta breezes caressing my skin. From rolling green lawns and new baby chicks.

I am from the strong walnut tree that allowed us to climb and pillage...from hollyhocks growing wild along side my spirit. From the passion flowers lingering at the back door.

I am from peanut butter on pancakes and thick dark hair, from Lori & Steve, Neves, Holtsman, & Brower.

I am from anger & love, passion & pain. From gear heads, farmers, crafters, and homemakers. I am from creativity and ingenuity, hard work and sweat.

From, "your face is going to stay that way," and "I'll give you something to cry about."

I am from Our Lady of Fatima...from closet prayers and unspoken beliefs. I am from Karma and goodness.

I am from California sun, Portugal & France. From lamb chops and iced tea on a hot summer day.

I am from a car accident, a broken neck and limbs. I am from a fighter, a caregiver, & dreamers in love.

I am from dusty racetracks, county fairs, and mountain campsites. I am from memories that will never fade...
**************
Thanks lovegreendog for the inspiration...more Self Portraits here and here...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really pretty perspective and you have a great profile and beautiful eyes.

angela said...

oh abby, this is gorgeous! the photo and the words!
that writing is so telling, i am glad you shared it :)

leslie said...

lovely.

Kathleen said...

beautifully written.
what lovely things to be made from.

you are absolutely lovely.