Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday # 20


This is a most befitting theme for me this month as I was introduced into this world exactly 26 years ago on this very day...that's right people, today is my B-day. Here are some random bits-o-info about Abby dearest.

  • My mom went into labor with me in the afternoon, but refused to leave for the hospital until her favorite soap opera was over. It was an easy delivery (30 minutes)...but a most persnickety child to raise.
  • I have my zodiac sign forever emblazoned on my back in the form of a tattoo (Taurus). Unfortunately, some have mistaken this as a symbol for the devil...such a pity!
  • I giggle every year when people sing "Happy Birthday" to me. "blah,blah,blah....Dear Abby"
  • I don't like birthday cake...but I could go for a good birthday cookie.

More May introductions here...

7 comments:

angela said...

Happy Birthday!!

I love the angle for your photograph, and I was glad to see a new post here :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby,
Happy birthday! Great photo, hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo...and happy birthday!

LiteraryGirl said...

That's funny...I've never heard anyone else say it, but my mom also folded laundry and watched her soap before she drove herself to the hospital!

Suburban Princess said...

Dear Abby (!),

I love the photo, it's beautiful! It's a great way to introduce yourself, too 'cause hardly anyone ever sees that bit of you.

Happy Birthday, too! I'm a Taurean and we rock! I'm an April Taurean(26th)...

All the best, look forward to seeing mroe of your work on spc,

regards,

L.

Anonymous said...

Cool photo. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Kathleen said...

happy birthday, beautiful girl! i love this photo.
it is great to see you back on here!

thank you for stopping by my blog. i wanted to do spt but i was having iphoto issues...it took a few hours to rebuild my photo library and then i missed the midnight deadline...
next week for sure!

i hope this year brings you lots of peace and many smiles.

xo