Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday #2


I chose to take this weeks Self Portrait for SPT in bed because I've been spending quite a bit of time here. It has been my sanctuary... After seeing this picture in its full glory I realized the following:

  • I love the shape of my eyebrows
  • I didn't know I had so many freckles
  • I should probably take my earrings out before I go to bed
  • I think I'm beautiful (even @ 6 am), and I'm proud of that.

What does this say about my identity? I believe this:

  • We have a king size bed because even though I'm married, I must have my own space
  • I sleep in a camisole & bottoms, not in the nude, because I'm not completely comfortable in my own (bare) skin.
  • I'm lucky to have smooth olive skin thanks to my Portuguese heritage. For the most part, this is what I look like since I don't wear makeup.
  • I'm childless, hence the ability to fuss around for a good part of the morning trying to take a self portrait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, you have a really nice shape to your eyebrows...I on the other hand was cursed with the shape of my fathers eyebrows...unruly...(not bushy though) just not easy to shape...