Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday #3


This weeks Self Portrait Tuesday is me in the bath with a little imagination added. In the winter months I love to take a nice hot bath to take the chill off (not that it gets that cold in Las Vegas). And I try to use the time to calm my ever wandering, planning, stressing mind.

I've always known that when I'm making plans and have something to look forward to is when I am most happy. I've noticed lately that my planning has turning into wanting, into obsession. Whether it has to do with something tangible or otherwise, I can't stop thinking about how bad I want it... a new purse, a fresh start, a different style, a home in a different neighborhood/city, a little self control, a purpose, new carpet, to be taken seriously. I want, want, want, and what I'd really like to do is just lie in this bath, quiet my mind, be thankful for the abundance in my life, and simply want for nothing.

No comments: