Thursday, February 23, 2006

Things I love Thursday


I don't wear much jewelry but these two items are a constant...I love,love,love them.

The Ring: I grew up hangin' out with my great grandmother, playing cards, crocheting a mean doily or what-not, and I always admired this ring. It's black onyx in white gold w/an inset diamond and was given to her by her parents in the 1920s when she graduated from high school. She passed away when I was 9 and I always wondered what happened to the ring...I never saw it again. On the day I graduated from college my grandmother presented it as a gift to me...

The Bracelet: This was a present from my best-friend...not for a joyful occasion, but a wonderfully kind gesture to ease my heartache. It's by a great artist (Amy Peters) and is a star which says "SHINE". It arrived in the mail shortly after I lost my baby... I can't explain how much it really means to me.

3 comments:

Meegan Blue said...

Such beautiful pieces, both of them. And wonderful stories attached...

Kathleen said...

this post makes me cry
because girl-power is so wonderful...
being a girl is the best.
period.

hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

nice, comfy place you got here :)..