Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wednesday Memesday

Guilty Pleasures


Flowers: Fresh flowers come at a premium in the desert so it's such a treat for me to buy a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers and give them their own space to reside on the kitchen table. I could just sit & stare at the uniqueness of each flower for hours as I lovingly arrange them to coexist with one another. There's something simple, naked, and sensual about flowers to me...they are as they appear, the glorious orchid, the cheery gerber, the romantic rose, or the shy yet seductive calla lily.

Pedicures: I've met many people who've told me they can't stand it when strangers touch them, or even hug them...but I say, I'll let anyone rub my feet, massage my back, or tousle my hair who's ready & willing. Human touch is important to me, it's relaxing and comforting. The best part of a pedicure is not only do you get a thorough leg rub down, but you leave with fabulous girlified toes and nice soft feet.

Containers: It may sound odd, but I have a container obsession. Anything that can hold anything is my infatuation. Ikea and The Container Store are my Mecca...jars, bottles, boxes, bags, cans, cups, baskets, and tins. Even if I don't have something to fill the container, I will buy it with the idea that I will, sometime in the future, have a need for said container...isn't this crazy!

Name Brand Cleaning\Beauty supplies: OK, let me explain... I grew up in a household where we couldn't always afford the best of things, and when we could, my mom was too frugal to splurge. I grew up with generic brands which for me meant crunchy towels, and not so spring fresh laundry, cleaning windows with Windokleen and old newspaper, and washing my long hair with all-in-one product...ouch! By no means am I a snob, etc. and I am aware of the tricks of advertising and marketing, but I know a good product when I use one. I feel guilty sometimes when I buy these products, but it is such a treat for me, so in a way I'm glad I grew up without them. I know I don't have to have them, but that I'm lucky I can afford them.

Cadbury Eggs: Easter is coming...Easter is coming, and specifically I mean...CADBURY EGGS ARE ALMOST HERE!! For as long as I can remember I have relished at the thought of biting into the ooey gooey sugary goodness of this completely unnatural milk chocolate concoction (at the risk of lapsing into a sugar induced coma and all!) I'll allow myself one, just one.

Incredible Coach Bag: I have never owned a purse that cost more than $30...I prefer to shop at TJ Maxx or Target for such an accessory. One day while in Seattle for business, I happened to walk past the Coach store and henceforth became enamored with what I consider to be a work of art in leather. I happened to mention my new found love to esquire himself and guess what this little girl got for Valentine's Day! I did not see the bill, I did not hand over the plastic, so I will accept the gift in the most gracious manner I can....WHOOO HOOO!

3 comments:

Meegan Blue said...

OHMIGOD!!! Love the purse!!! Wear it with joy...I'm sure it will look fabulous over your arm!

angela said...

where did you ever see that Large cadbury eggmobile????? sweet god send me strength from now 'till the end of april. cadbury eggs are just toooooo tastey.

Abby Marie said...

I actually found the picture on google images...but, when I was in London last Christmas there were Cadbury's everywhere in every shape or form, there were even Cadbury vending machines at the airport and in the Tube.